Your school’s network connects students, teachers, and administrators to facilitate communication and collaboration. With this in mind, it’s clear that a reliable and efficient network is the cornerstone of modern education.
Without it, your students simply can’t participate in the modern learning experience. Needless to say, your school’s network needs your attention!
How Does an Outdated Network Affect Your School?
When it comes to your school’s network, you might see some of these issues firsthand or they might be lurking in the background. Here are a few ways an outdated network can negatively affect your school:
- Slow Connectivity: Slow or unreliable connections hinder online learning and research.
- Security Vulnerabilities: Outdated systems are more susceptible to cyber threats.
- Inefficient Operations: Administrative tasks become cumbersome and time-consuming.
- Incompatibility: Old networks may not support emerging educational technologies.
How to Find Out if Your Current Network Is Pulling Its Weight
An outdated network not only affects the learning experience but also adds unnecessary costs to the school’s budget. Here are a few ways you can evaluate your current network and identify areas for improvement:
- Network Performance Audit: This involves analyzing various metrics such as speed, bandwidth, and latency to determine how well your network is functioning. A third-party, like a managed service provider, can take you through this process step-by-step and give you actionable feedback.
- Security Assessment: Conducting regular security assessments helps identify vulnerabilities and potential risks within your network.
- User Feedback: Ask students, teachers, and administrators about their experiences with the network. Their feedback can provide valuable insights into any issues they might be facing.
Network as a Service—A Solution for Improving Network Performance
Some schools don’t have the in-house resources to support full IT teams, or they might have limited budgets that don’t allow for regular network updates. If this is your situation, Network as a Service (NaaS) might be the solution for you.
Network as a Service (NaaS) is a business model where network services are provided on a subscription basis, which eliminates the need for schools to invest heavily in network infrastructure. Their service provider maintains the network, which ensures smooth functioning, regular updates, and security protection.
This not only reduces the burden on the school’s IT staff but also ensures that the network is always equipped with the latest technologies and security measures. Consequently, this leads to better connectivity, reduced security risks, improved compatibility with emerging technologies, and efficient administrative operations.
By adopting Network as a Service, schools can focus more on providing quality education and less on managing network issues.
How Your School Benefits From Network as a Service
Apart from the obvious benefits of a more reliable and efficient network, here are some additional advantages for your school:
- Improved Connectivity and Reliability: Network as a Service ensures a reliable and high-speed network that can accommodate the needs of modern education.
- Enhanced Security and Data Protection: NaaS providers are well-equipped to handle security, protecting your network and sensitive data.
- Support for Emerging Educational Technologies: NaaS enables schools to readily adopt new technologies like virtual reality, distance learning, and interactive educational platforms.
5 Factors to Consider When Upgrading Your Network
Your technical team should consider these factors before transitioning to Network as a Service:
1. Bandwidth and Scalability
Your network must have sufficient bandwidth to support a growing number of devices and activities.
2. Security Measures and Data Privacy
Robust security measures are essential to protect sensitive student and administrative data.
3. Budget and Cost Considerations
Balancing your budget while ensuring quality network upgrades is crucial. NaaS can provide cost-effective solutions.
4. Planning and Implementation
A well-structured plan is essential to minimize disruption to school operations during the upgrade process.
5. Data Migration and Backup
Safeguarding your school’s data is a top priority. Backup and data migration strategies are crucial during the upgrade process.
How ANC Group Can Support Effective Network Upgrades
ANC Group is here to assist your school in accessing the power of modern networks. With our expertise and experience, we can help you:
- Assess your current network’s strengths and weaknesses.
- Develop a customized plan for network upgrades.
- Implement NaaS solutions that are cost-effective and scalable.
- Ensure a smooth transition with minimal disruption to your school’s operations.
Now is the time to invest in your school’s future by upgrading your network. To learn more about how ANC Group can support your institution, don’t hesitate to contact us.