At ANC Group, we have always placed a high priority on offering top-quality digital security for schools. We know how important digital security is for school systems, and that priority will never change! Then a few months ago, we announced that we will now be offering physical security solutions for schools and school systems as well.
Both physical and digital security are something that schools today have to embrace, and Access Control is a huge part of that.
What is Access Control?
Chances are, your school already has some level of access control in place. There are two types of access control:
- Digital Access Control – Digital access control limits connections to computer networks, system files, and data.
- Physical Access Control – Physical access control limits access to campuses, buildings, and rooms. This security technique regulates who can enter a certain place, when they can enter, and how.
Is Your School’s Access Control Working Properly?
Do you know if all of your doors are truly secure? Are you covering all the bases? Are there any hazards you should know about? How secure are your “secure” files? Are there any holes in your processes or systems?
The best way to ensure that your school or school district’s access control is as strong as it can be is to consult with security experts who can help you. An assessment of your school’s access control is an important step to make sure everything you have in place is working properly, and to see if there are extra measures that would be beneficial to your students and faculty.
What is an Access Control Assessment?
An Access Control Assessment can help detect any vulnerabilities relating to security and safety for students, staff, and visitors. Areas to assess include:
- Access points to the campus
- Perimeter access control for building(s)
- Lockout/lockdown solutions
- Physical panic button integration
- Crash bar/push bar lockdown
- Integration with surveillance video
- Immediate emergency alerts
- Visitor screening procedures
- Security camera systems
- Alarm systems
- Digital access control (firewalls, security, etc)
If you have additional questions about how to improve your school’s Access Control, feel free to contact us via our website or give us a call today!