You have probably heard of the cloud at this point, but you still might not know what exactly it is and what it can do for your business. There are many questions surrounding cloud solutions that will make a significant difference in the type of platform you might select and how it would be deployed in your business.
What is the Cloud?
Cloud-hosted services allow users to access their data from anywhere with an internet connection. It puts all of your information technology in the hands of a hosted service for a monthly fee and enables support for features like data backup and disaster recovery.
- Public: A hosted service that manages their own data center and provides powerful computing solutions with lower upfront costs.
- Private: A custom-built cloud environment that offers more custom options and tailor-made management features.
- Hybrid: A combination of the two where you can select which parts of your operations go where.
Cloud computing for businesses is an asset that can revolutionize your operations when used the right way. There are several factors that determine whether or not the cloud is right for your business and how it should be put in place.
- How much money are you willing to put toward the cloud?
- Do I want the power of the public cloud?
- Would I rather have the customization of the private cloud?
- Should I start with a hybrid cloud approach?
- What kind of services does the cloud offer?
Cloud Solutions for Small Businesses
- Cloud Hosting: This process allows several different applications to collaborate and share information simultaneously. You can leverage cloud hosting for your email, VoIP phone systems, and various other web applications.
- Software as a Service (SaaS): Instead of buying a full brand new piece of software every time it comes out, you can set up a long-term lease on software that is supplied to you via the cloud. You’ll cut costs on expensive software and have access to cutting-edge support tech like Microsoft Office 365, Google Docs, or Quickbooks.
- Cloud Storage: This service offers to routinely backup your records and files with secure yet seamless access. It also empowers you for active collaboration with file sharing and syncing, even across mobile devices.
- Cloud Backup: This is typically a data storage center in a geographically redundant location to you. This allows your business to recover data and restore services quickly after a disastrous event or unexpected outage.
So, at this point, you think the cloud is worth transitioning to, but you’re asking yourself what kind do I need and how do I start? This is where a service provider like ANC Group becomes your greatest ally. We have the experience to assess your needs and make a recommendation for the best cloud options for you. We will work with you to decide how you want to make your jump into the cloud and what selection of services are best for your business.